Medications and pharmacy
Wellforce Care Plan covers prescription medications and some over-the-counter (OTC) drugs with a prescription. Wellforce Care Plan has a formulary, which is a list of the drugs we cover. A formulary is sometimes called a covered drug list.
How do I find out if a drug is covered?
You can find out if Wellforce Care Plan covers a drug by searching for the drug on our online drug formulary.
How much will my prescriptions cost?
Most members must pay the following pharmacy copayments:
- $1 for certain covered generic drugs mainly used for diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. These drugs are called antihyperglycemics (such as metformin), antihypertensives (such as lisinopril), and antilyperlipidemics (such as simstatin)
- $3.65 for certain over-the-counter (OTC) drugs for which you have a prescription from the doctor
- $3.65 for both first-time prescriptions and refills for certain covered generic and OTC drugs
- $3.65 for both first-time prescriptions and refills of covered brand-name drugs
Which pharmacies can I go to?
You can fill prescriptions at thousands of pharmacies, including:
- CVS (including CVS inside Target stores)
- Lowell Community Health Center
- Price Chopper
- Rite Aid
- Shaw’s/Osco Drug
- Stop & Shop